Highfields Manor Privacy Notice
Highfields Manor takes guests’ privacy very seriously. This notice explains how we use the personal information you provide to us in making your booking or enquiry.
Data collected via our website.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we use your personal information
We will only use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to administer and manage your booking;
- to book for you future bookings and to order services;
- to deal with any enquiries we receive from you;
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules;
- to provide you with details of Highfields Manor
- to notify you of changes;
- for the purposes of recovery of a debt in case of non-payment.
In connection with these purposes, we may share your personal information with third parties that perform services on our behalf.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in other circumstances, in particular:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of trading and other agreements;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves, our staff, our customers, or others;
- in response to a request from a governmental authority (including a regulator); or
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
Our legal basis for these uses of your personal information may include that (a) it is necessary for our legitimate interests in operating our business and/or providing you with goods and services; and/or (b) it is necessary for the performance of contracts to which you are a party with us.
Keeping in touch with you
From time to time we would also like to keep in touch with you, to update you on what is happening here at Highfields Manor. If you would like us to do so, please join our Mailing List via our Contact Page.
You have various rights under data protection law regarding the processing of your personal information, including rights to:
- request access to personal information we hold about you and details of our processing of your personal information;
- request us to correct inaccurate personal information;
- request us to delete personal information in certain circumstances;
- receive your personal information in a format suitable for transmission to a third party;
- object to and/or restrict the processing of your personal information (including profiling) on certain grounds;
- object to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing;
- object to any decision about you based solely on automated processing (including any profiling) that produces legal effects or otherwise significantly affects you; and
- lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can make a request to us in relation to these rights at any time by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Any information to which you are entitled will be provided within a reasonable timeframe, subject to the exemptions stipulated in applicable data protection laws.
Where we store your personal information
We store your personal information only on our own stand alone computers and hard drive backups. Noone other than Highfields Manor owners and employees has access to such information. Email addresses of those who join our mailing list are also stored within our secure Mailchimp databases.